January 25, 2010

Chapter 1

April 28, 1664
Small Village in the Countryside of Germany
I awoke suddenly as sun rose and started it's swift journey across the sky. I had to go fetch the water. I jumped up and ran into the kitchen, hopefully Mother would not have awoken yet or maybe out on the feilds gathering the wheat or barley. I ran to get the pale and Mother was standing there in her usual long dress that went down just below her ankles. It was a pink flowery dress, with a white apron that tyed neatly from her waist to the bottem of her dress. She had a worn out bonnet that kept her hair from the cold winters and the summers. She looked at me and her pale blue eyes were shot with tears. Their were strands of her loose, brown, straight hair framing her face. She was worried and I didn't know why.
"Mutter, was ist los?" Mother, what is wrong? She only cryed harder and I listened hard as she mumbled through her heavy tears
"Ihr Vater wurde getotet." Your father has been killed. It took me quiet i while for me to react, when I did, I collapsed to the floor, sobbing because i knew the reason why.
"Vampir" Vampire I whispered. Mother only nodded. "Kommen sie?" Are they coming? This made her cry harder she finally said, quiet clearly,
"Sie sind schon da. Wir werden sterben." They are already here. We are going to die. They did not have to keep this a secret. The element of suprise was not needed. They were very powerful and a mere human would never stand in their way. They knew we knew they were coming and had every intention of killing us all. We were going to be breakfast. I heard the first scream and I ran to the door to see the murder for myself. They were very swift and if it wasn't trecherous on how they feasted upon us, I would have marveled at their beauty. They made murder look gracful. Mother cryed for me to get in they house but one of them looked right at me with blood running off his chin and his blood red eyes on me. Everything went fast and then slow. In what seemed like nano-seconds, He was crouching behind me ready for the kill. Then what seemed like hours, he stood up straight as if to change his mind. He turned to Mother and looked at her as if she was a dessert. She screamed "Bitte Keine!" Please no! He seemed to not hear her and pounced on her and latched on to her neck as her aghast expression turned into a lifeless corpse. I looked in horror in what these monsters did to my family. He turned back to me and i got ready to run.
"Keine Angst, mein Junge, ich will dich nicht toten. Ich spure ein Prasenz withen Sie, dass Nutzen sein werden. Sie wird von uns." Do not fear, young one, I am not going to kill you. I sense a presence within you that with be usefull. You will become one of us. The words were said in a calm manner and the voice was very calming, lavish. I wanted to spit on him and yell how I would never turn, but it sounded like a good idea. I surrendered the only way i knew how, I kneeled and said,
"Machen Sie es kurz, ist, dass alles, was ich fragen." Make it quick, that is all I ask. He did not hesitate, he walked up to me and gripped my neck with his hands and shot his razor teeth easily through my skin. I shuddered but soon fell uncounsious and my last thought was how could i ever be usefull to a vampire. I was sixteen that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment